Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tired girls make slow runners

Sorry it's been so long since I posted; last week was crazy! However, just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not running. I have now been running three times a week for three weeks, and have only missed one day, on which I was at Disneyland, walking around the whole time anyway. lol

Today was not my best day. I have been very tired all day because yesterday was my first lab day for the Adult Health part of my semester, from 7:30-2:45, and then Bonster and I had a TV marathon afternoon and didn't go to bed till like 11:30. BUT I REGRET NOTHING. It was awesome, but then of course it caught up to me today since we had to get up at 7:45 to go to school and I have been awake since. So I was kinda slow, but at least I still got out there and ran. But guess what I did, which I have been doing since Thursday?

I CAN JOG A WHOLE MILE WITHOUT SLOWING DOWN.

I am amazed at myself. It just was something I did on Thursday, like every day I've been trying to take my first jogging stretch a little farther, like to the next stop sign or whatever, but I just kept looking forward to the next one and thought, yeah I could get to there at this pace. And so I did. Until I got to Pita's house. And then it was like, I was so close to the mile mark anyway and so I just did a whole mile at the same speed! So I've been doing that for the last week I guess.

And now my fastest mile, from Tuesday, is 11:41. LESS THAN TWELVE MINUTES.

High school Jovanie, who dreaded the days they made us do 12 minute miles in PE, thinks that Present day Jovanie is a goddess.

Lastly, and this might sound weird, but my butt hurts! Not so much now as when I was actually running, but I think I'm getting butt muscles! WHO KNEW THERE WERE MUSCLES THERE!?!?!?

(well I mean, I did, because hello I took Anatomy, but... it was supposed to be a hypothetical question. Whatever.)

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyyyy!! Go Jovanie!! P.S. sorry to make you so tired lol, but it was epic!!

    ReplyDelete