Thursday, August 16, 2012

What doesn't kill you...

So I broke up with boyfriend yesterday, who I'd been dating for almost four years, most of that time being long distance. It was really hard, but it was a long time coming, even though I didn't want to think so and tried so hard to hold onto something I should have let go of a long time ago. I still really don't want to talk about that, and I really only bring it up for one reason:

Today before I went for my run, my mother said to me, "Today you'll run faster than ever." To which I replied, "Or slower than ever, you never know," since I'm still recovering, obviously.

My mom was right. She always is, as it would seem.



I ran a mile in less than 11 minutes. ME. WHAT is HAPPENING.  I am a RUNNER now. This is probably the LAST thing I ever expected I would be. I mean. Seriously. Me. I run. I run sort of fast! At least not slow. But really the speed doesn't matter so much as the fact that I am running at all. I can't believe it.

I ran 5 miles on Sunday, and ran my fastest mile ever today. I will do 6.5 on Sunday this week and I seriously still cannot even begin to fathom the idea that I am a runner. But I am. And will be. Forever.

My half marathon is 157 days away. Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. Jovanie, you are super incredible. I was so proud of you when I saw your 5 mile run on facebook! You are seriously my hero right now, just sayin :) You are gonna be ready for your half marathon in no time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! I couldn't do it without the support of my awesome friends like you!

      Delete